COVID-19 Health and Safety Information
Here’s how ATYP is supporting your health and safety and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic once face-to-face classes resume.
- Reduced the number of attendees in classes where necessary.
- Limited the presence of staff, students and visitors before, during and after classes.
- Ongoing, supporting our staff to ensure best hygiene and safety practice.
- Transitioned to digital resources where possible, including course outlines. Hard copies of class resources will be available where necessary or to support inclusion and access.
- Developed best practice guidelines for in-class activity – maintaining the socially distanced drama class.
At all external venues where ATYP operates classes we have:
- Liaised with the venue to ensure they comply with government guidelines around COVID-19 safety and are able to support ATYP best practice standards.
- Provided hand sanitiser and appropriate cleaning products in classrooms.
- Complied with class sizes in regards to spaces.
Our teaching and management staff will:
- Keep accurate attendance records to support contact tracing, if required. ATYP is using Service NSW linked QR codes and sign in will be required by ALL who enter a class space.
- Ensure all students are properly briefed on social distancing and hygiene expectations. They will also actively monitor and enforce these in all sessions.
- Actively manage the number of people present in class rooms and common areas at all times.
- Take your concerns about breach of best practice and safety seriously.
We expect students to keep each other and the wider community safe by following the practices outlined below:
- Please DO NOT attend a class if you are feeling unwell and experiencing any COVID 19 symptoms, however mild. If so, please get a COVID-19 test and remain at home until you receive your results. It is important that you notify ATYP if you test positive for COVID-19.
- ANY STUDENT WHO ATTENDS A SCHOOL THAT HAS BEEN CLOSED DUE TO A POSITIVE COVID-19 INFECTION MUST be tested and return a NEGATIVE RESULT before they are allowed to attend an ATYP class. This also goes for any students who may have a sibling or family member who has attended any school that has been closed down due to a positive case.
- Any student who has attended a public venue that has been identified with/closed due to a positive COVID-19 infection case MUST be tested and return a NEGATIVE RESULT before they are allowed to attend an ATYP class. This also goes for any students who may have had contact with someone who has attended any of these places.
- Take care on public transport and avoid using during peak times if possible. In the event that you use public transport, please ensure that you observe social distancing and wash your hands thoroughly ASAP after travelling.
- Maintain good hygiene practices at all times – regular washing/sanitising of hands, cover coughs and sneezes and restrain from physical contact or handshakes.
- Ensure physical distancing – maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres between yourself and other people at all times.
- Limit the people present at class start and finish. We ask that only ONE carer accompanies children at drop off and pick up. Please leave the premises as soon as your child’s class commences. Only class participants and ATYP staff will be allowed to enter the classroom spaces.
- Limit movement before and after class – do not linger in the building before or after class. Maintain social distancing during break times, especially when exiting and entering rooms and do not congregate at doorways or in corridors.
- Food – we recommend that you bring your own packed food and drink. Please do not share food, drink bottles or utensils with others.
If you have a concern about ATYP’s COVID-19 safe practices, witness a breach of this code of conduct or need to report a case or close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9270 2400.